23.1.11

Thoughts for my film opening...

Having watched some examples of media openings, and experimented in iMovie, I really like the idea of playing around with the speed and motion of videos (for example, I could speed a clip up and put in in reverse), which would be an interesting way to reveal the opening credits.

I haven't had a set idea for what's actually going to happen yet, but I'm going to keep it very simple, probably without narrative, as having looked at a few more openings, unless I had access to someone with a good accent, and a good recording studio, it may make the whole opening sound a little unpolished. So, I think I'll use a montage type opening that will capture the audience's attention, but stay very clear of looking like a trailer. I'm also still avoiding thriller or horror, and going for a more cheerful film, because lots of students don't, and so it could look more original, as well as probably being more fun and even less like a trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment