2.5.11

Who would be the audience for your media product?

I would primarily be looking at those aged between 18 and 40, in the ABC1 category, to be my main audience. This is because these ages and classes would be most likely to appreciate what is going on in the film, and engage with my main character the most. Having said that, I can also imagine an older audience as well, because they may be able to appreciate it in light of their own experiences, rather than their own feelings, and the younger generation may be able to.

My target audience would have a genuine desire to travel, and discover other ways of living, as then they will be able to connect with the main character more, and so the film will be more effective to them; for example, it might be pointless for someone who is perfectly happy with their life to watch this film, because it puts across the message that one can change their life around, and this is something that someone like that would not need to do, and so would be unlikely be as interested in the film.

An audience who may want to watch it could be those who enjoyed the recent film “Eat, Pray, Love”, which was released shortly after I wrote my film synopsis. Turns out it actually had a fairly similar plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment