28.2.11

Narrative

My film would be told from the perspective of the main character, as it is her who we follow on her trip.  might consider widening the narrative as the story goes on though, to allow the audience to get the impression that she too is widening her points of view, but I'm not sure if that would work. But certainly in the opening two minutes of the film, we would see her daily life from her point of view; in this way, the narrative should also show the monotony of her life, setting the tone and potential for things to change through the film.

I do like the idea of having the end of the film at the beginning, playing around with the time perspectives of the film, but I don't think that it would fit in with the concept of my film; the main character goes through a journey, and the audience need to be able to see her progress from this bored woman at the start, dreaming of doing more adventurous things while she waits for the same train every day, to the woman actually doing these things.

I have, however, thought of the use of flashback, and if I were to continues with the making of the film, I would include these, with the woman remembering back to her childhood and upbringing at different stages of her day, and wondering how she ended up in her dead-end job and why she's done nothing about it. The flashbacks would explain what's happened in her earlier life and why it's affecting her now or it may even be the reason that she decides she wants to change how she lives, or get more life experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment