1.3.11

Change of plan...

Due to certain circumstances, I am going to France for a few days before the deadline of the 25th of March, where my sister works. She's a better age for the character I'm looking to cast, and the shots themselves, and the opening sequence would be very simple and easy to film. However, I may have trouble with trains in France, so some of the shots I'm going to use have changed.
Now, I'm going to have:

A shot of the character opening her eyes (a close-up on the eyes)
A shot of her opening the curtains
Putting the kettle on
An over-the-shoulder shot of her making cake/ other food
Laying the table or lighting candles
Cleaning up- probably putting dishes in the sink or running the bowl of water
Closing the curtains again
Then closing her eyes.

The shots will now be in this order, rather than seven of the same shot one after the other, as I think that may get a bit boring and confusing. The new format of the opening will show her day to day life better as well.

To include the titles, I will start with a black screen, with the first title appearing on it, brightening from black to white, an then fading out again. Then the shot of the eyes opening will appear for roughly three seconds.  The next title will appear after this, followed by the next shot of the curtains opening. I won't do this throughout the opening as it would seem disjointed, but only on the last shot of her closing her eyes, the final time around, the screen will fade to black and the title of the film will appear. Other titles may appear in a corner of the screen (the less important ones) so as to not take up too much time.

The opening should be around two minutes, and if I show the sequence of her day five times, which I plan to, that will give me 24 seconds per sequence and 3 seconds per shot, not including titles. So, each shot should be around 2 and a half seconds to allow time for the titles, and this should leave me with just about two minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment